Monday, 28 May 2012

Sunny Saturday on Latrigg

 

Early getaway with Ian and Paul who were running leg five of the BG route anti-clockwise.  I dropped the two of them off at Threlkeld and then drove to keswick.  My plan was to trot up onto Skiddaw and take it from there.  Super strong sunshine with very strong winds.  Having got the very short distance onto Latrigg, the wind was knocking me off my feet.  I spoke to a couple of folk who had turned back and thought going up alone was not what I wanted today.  So found a reasonably sheltered spot below the top and spent a very pleasant half hour enjoying the vistas before heading down for an ice cream and a bit of shopping in Keswick.  A few snaps below. 

updated-8

River Greta

updated-7

From the footbridge with the Youth Hostel in the distance

updated

Looking towards Skiddaw

updated-2

Causey pike with Derwentwater and keswick below – from latrigg

updated-3

Grisedale Pike

updated-4

Causey Pike and Sail

updated-9

Fitz Park

1 comment:

  1. Good set of snaps, especially the one with the youth hostel.

    ReplyDelete