Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Wildlife Bonanza

Usual walk back to work through the park this morning with camera at the ready.  Thought I might catch a shot of a duck or two when I saw this chap standing motionless by the side of the pond.

updated-2

This is the first time I’ve seen a heron in the park, it’s a busy place, the main thoroughfare for students from one campus to the next.  Lots of dog walkers and duck feeders about.

updated

A few moments later he took off and I thought that was it, but a short flight took him onto the central island where he kept a close lookout for a tasty snack.

updated-3

Just as I was thinking what a lucky shot that was, this little lot swam into view

updated-6

Mum, Dad and kids on an outing

updated-4

Three in a row

updated-5

Off they went

and so did I,  talk about right place, right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment