Saturday, 18 May 2013

A Coopes Dozen Outing - Saturday 18th May

Decided to join friends half way round their completion of the above route which visits twelve summits on the West Pennine Moors.  Dreadful forecast, hence my decision to meet the crew at Hordern’s Stoops taking with me a flask of hot coffee and some cake.

Weather lived up to expectations and some trouble in finding some of the summits in the complete white out of cloud and clag.  So bad that my camera stayed in the car!  My run amounted to just over ten miles, with about 1500ft of climbing, but in pretty atrocious conditions and that was enough.  Below are the conditions at the road crossing just before setting out on my part of the run.

untitled-

untitled--2

untitled--3

untitled--5

untitled--6

untitled--7

Ed and Mick arriving at the road crossing

No comments:

Post a Comment