Saturday, 8 February 2014

The Amble

Or to give it it’s proper title the Anglezarke Amble 24m or 16m over the West Pennine Moors.   I set out definitely to do the short route and as the point of no return was reached I did keep telling myself I’m definitely doing the short route.  A moment of madness and I was running headlong onto the track for the 24m route, it seemed like a good idea at the time!   Anyway good to get the miles in.  Ferocious winds on Darwen Moor and Great Hill summit resulted in my legs literally being blown from under me, exhilarating if a little disconcerting and a bit of walking had to be done at that point.  Ambled round in just over six hours a far cry from my best time of just under five hours, but in these conditions and a lack of winter training I’m good with that Smile

Amble-5

A cup of tea and slice of toast to see us on our way – Great job by the marshalls

Amble-2

A few shots from the Hall

Amble-4

 

Amble-8

Final Faffing

Amble-9

 

Amble-10

Gotcha!

Amble-16

Last bits of info from the Race Organiser before the start

Amble-18

First stop – the Pike

Amble-22

Heading to Winter Hill

Amble-27

Great conditions, but you can’t see that wind

Amble-31

 

Amble-32

Amble-33

Amble-39

 

Amble-42

Cloud coming in

Amble-46

Approaching the Checkpoint

Amble-47

 

Amble-49

Bit of a shower and the camera went away after this

No comments:

Post a Comment